I am a Lecturer in Pure Mathematics at the Department of Mathematical Sciences of the University of Essex. My research is on algebraic and complex geometry, with focus on birational geometry of varieties of Fano type, moduli spaces and computational algebraic geometry.
I currently supervise PhD student Theo Papazachariou. I am always interested in hearing from potential PhD students and postdocs, so feel free to contact me directly.
I am a co-organiser and host of ZAG (Zoom Algebraic Geometry) seminar, the first online worldwide regular seminar on algebraic geometry and the seminar organiser for MESS, the Mathematics at Essex Seminar Series.
The picture on the side was taken by Sanja Marjanovic.
- 30/09/2020: Our paper “Applications of the moduli continuity method to log K-stable pairs”, joint with P. Gallardo and C. Spotti, has been accepted in J. Lond. Math. Soc.
- 29/08/2020: I will be speaking at the ZAG Marathon on 01/09/2020 at 4:00pm BST.
- 03/08/2020: I have completed a new preprint “Some remarks on asymptotically log Fano varieties” with collaborators Paolo Cascini and Yanir Rubinstein. Incidentally this brings my Erdös number down to 4.
- 28/05/2020: I am a co-organiser for EDGE 2020 in Edinburgh. This will be the seventh edition of EDGE. It will be supported by the London Mathematical Society, the Edinburgh Mathematical Society and the Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust.
- 28/05/2020: Vanya Cheltsov, Anne-Sophie Kaloghiros and I got a Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research Focused Research workshop grant for our project ‘K-stability of smooth Fano 3-folds’. Our project has more collaborators who we expect to visit the UK in January to work at the project.
|E-mail:||jesus (dot) martinez (dash) garcia (at) essex (dot) ac (dot) uk|
|Address:||Dr Jesus Martinez Garcia|
Dept of Mathematical Sciences
University of Essex
Colchester Campus, Wivenhoe Park,
Colchester, Essex, CO4 3SQ
|Phone:||+44 (0) 1206 873620|