I am a Lecturer at the Department of Mathematical Sciences of the University of Essex. My research is on algebraic and complex geometry, with focus on birational geometry of varieties of Fano type, moduli spaces and computational algebraic geometry.
I currently supervise PhD student Theo Papazachariou. I am always interested in hearing from potential PhD students and postdocs, so feel free to contact me directly.
I am a co-organiser and host of ZAG (Zoom Algebraic Geometry) seminar, the first online worldwide regular seminar on algebraic geometry and the seminar organiser for the Essex Mathematics Seminar.
The picture on the side was taken by Sanja Marjanovic.
- 28/05/2019: I am a co-organiser for EDGE 2020 in Edinburgh. This will be the seventh edition of EDGE.
- 28/05/2019: Vanya Cheltsov, Anne-Sophie Kaloghiros and I got a Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research Focused Research workshop grant for our project ‘K-stability of smooth Fano 3-folds’. Our project has more collaborators who we expect to visit the UK in January to work at the project.
- 28/05/2019: Next year Essex will have two seminars (over Zoom, due to social distancing measures): one for mathematics and one for data science. I will be the organiser for the mathematics seminar.
- 26/04/2019: We are running ZAG (Zoom Algebraic Geometry) seminar, the first online worldwide regular seminar on algebraic geometry. Please, go to the website to join the mailing list.
- 20/04/2019: My paper “Constant scalar curvature Kahler metrics on rational surfaces” has been accepted for publication in Mathematische Nachrichten.
|E-mail:||jesus (dot) martinez (dash) garcia (at) essex (dot) ac (dot) uk|
|Address:||Dr Jesus Martinez Garcia|
Dept of Mathematical Sciences
University of Essex
Colchester Campus, Wivenhoe Park,
Colchester, Essex, CO4 3SQ
|Phone:||+44 (0) 1206 873620|