I am an algebraic geometer whose research interests focus on birational geometry, Kähler geometry, moduli spaces and special holonomy.
More specifically, I work on problems in the following areas:
- Existence of constant scalar curvature Kähler metrics (including Kähler-Einstein metrics) and its relation to K-stability.
- Classification of varieties of Fano type.
- Compactification of moduli spaces and geometric invariant theory.
- Computational algebraic geometry.
My research is supported by EPSRC grant EP/V055399/1. You can see a list of my publications. Below you can have a look at the talks I have given at workshops, conferences or seminars (some slides/videos available), places I went to on research visits and seminars and workshops I have (co-)organised.
I have signed the Statement of inclusiveness in research and I think you should sign it too.
Seminars and workshops organised
- Since 2020 – I am the organiser of MESS (Mathematics at Essex Seminar Series).
- Since 2020 – I am a co-organiser of ZAG (Zoom Algebraic Geometry) Seminar, the largest online weekly seminar in algebraic geometry in the world.
- 2022 – I am a co-organiser of AGGITatE Days 2022: Algebraic Groups and Geometric Invariant Theory at Essex.
- 2020-2021 – I was a co-organiser for the 2020 and 2021 editions of EDGE Days at the University of Edinburgh.
- 2020 – I was a local organiser for the CoDiMa Worskhop “Tools for Discrete Computational Mathematics” at Essex.
- 2014/2016 – I organised the Algebraic Geometry Seminar at Johns Hopkins University.
- 2013/2014 – (with Renjie Feng, Vamsi Pingali, Yanir Rubinstein and Bernie Shiffman) I organised “JHU-UMD Complex Geometry Seminar both at JHU (Baltimore) and UMD (College Park).
- June 2013 – (with Ivan Cheltsov) I hosted the “LMS Lecture Series in Edinburgh with main lecturer Prof Fedor Bogomolov. There is a recording of the lectures which we hope to make available soon.
- April 2013 – (with Paolo Cascini and Andrea Fanelli) Workshop Characteristic p methods in Algebraic Geometry at Imperial College London.
- 2010-2011 – (with Spiros Adams-Florou and Ciaran Meachan) the Geometry Club, which evolved into the current Hodge Club.
- February 2009 – SMSTC Seminar Series 2009/2010.